Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Spring is a-comin'...

...and with it my desire to ride, ride, ride!!! Sunday was BEAUTIFUL!!! It was sunny, clear, and perfect for a road ride. Dave, Diana, and I started at The Bike Store, and Diana took us out into the back roads of Houston County. We did 30 miles, my longest so far! My average speed was only 11, because I'm having a hard time shifting on the road bike on climbs. There is nothing wrong with the bike, it's all in my head. The shifters on the road bike are completely opposite than the mountain bike. By the time I get into the gear I need to be in, I'm half-way up the climb, and I'm spent. I think that I actually pulled something in my right leg Sunday, and it still hasn't worked itself out yet.

But, all if that "newbie" stuff aside, I think that my 50 mile goal for the Relay for Life in May is doable. "Coach" Dave says that with some training, I will be fine.

No comments: