Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year - New Theme


I am not one for new year's resolutions. I do what everyone else does - I make three huge, unobtainable goals and then beat myself up when I have given up by Valentine's Day.

So, this year, I am trying something new. I have a theme. Just one simple word - BALANCE.

After driving myself close to a nervous breakdown last year with trying to juggle work, school, riding,and everything else I realized (with the help of a few close friends) that I cannot let any of the balls drop. I have to work, and I have to spend the appropriate time in and out of class studying. AND I also HAVE to get back on my bike! For the sake of my sanity and well-being, I have to make cycling just as big of a priority as work and school.

Even if it's 30 minutes on the trainer (which totally SUCKS for those of you who do not cycle), it is better than not riding at all.

Plus, like everyone else I know, I too have eaten WAY too much this holiday season, and I have not been burning it off. This is unacceptable...

- B A L A N C E - This is my mantra for the New Year -

Maybe I'll make it past Valentine's Day this year.




No comments: