Sunday, December 14, 2008

"Full Moon" weeks SUCK

This past Friday was a full moon, and there was certainly in the air this week. My week started off by getting very angry at one of the guys at work. He wanted to take all the girls in the office out to lunch to tell us how much he appreciated all of us and to thank us for helping him out his year. It is impossible because someone has to stay and watch the front desk. So, we asked him if he minded bringing lunch in instead. He agreed, and then asked me to do everything. This is very typical of this guy, he delegates everything...literally. I asked him why did I have to plan my own appreciation lunch, and told him that I didn't feel very appreciated. He said "Well if we would have gone out like I wanted..." BTW - This is all via email, which is very fortunate of my job. Anyways, I told him that you don't say that you are going to do something nice for someone and then ask them to do all of the work for it. He said that he asked me to do it because I had the experience in doing this, and had all the the info already. Then he apologized for inconveniencing me, which was what did him in. I told the girls what he said to me, and we all agreed to boycott his little lunch. We ended up eating lunch with him anyway, but not after all of us letting him know how we felt, and then HE called it in, HE picked it up, and HE served it, just like he should have to begin with.


I also finished my class this week, much to my delight. However I had a long debate with my instructor about the final first. I have never worked so hard to take a test in my life.
My class was online, and all tests and assignments are submitted online. Well, I had finished all of my tests, and had asked my instructor when would the final be available online, because it wasn't on the class website. To sum up, we literally argued back and forth over if the final was there or not. She said it was, but it was not. I even sent screen shots to try to help, and she sent some back. The ones she sent were completely different from anything I have ever seen.
She FINALLY realized that She thought I was in a different class. She apologized, and then told me that since I have taken all of my tests, that I was done. There was no final in my class. She then told me that I was done with the class, and that I had a 97 average. Needless to say I was excited about my grade and that I didn't have to take the final. However, I had been studying for 4 days for a final that I now didn't have to take, so I was also a little mad at the same time.

Next week has got to be better, right?

No comments: